First, did you guys knows about this? CLICK PICTURE FOR AMAZON LINK!
This has been an interesting, busy, and exciting day due to setting up promo for this release. The trick is to not use all of my big guns since I also have The Merchant of Nevra Coil coming out soon. We were on track and then a technical issue turned up, which really proves I shouldn’t be working under deadlines. Something is always out to kick me in the head. Let’s leave this upcoming treat alone and talk about the more distant future.
The sun will die, but humans will probably be long gone by then . . . Wait . . . That might be a bit too distant.
October! Some may remember I had run out of topics to write about for next month and asked for advice. Well, I got some good ones and came up with another one to add into the mix. This means next month will see a few deviations. More details will be in a post tomorrow that includes an interactive request and a poll. Yet, I should warn people that the blog will be taking on a more Halloween-y mood:
- Fridays will be ‘Monster Maker’ Days.
- Mondays and Wednesdays will spotlight a monster of Windemere with its habits, origins, etc. This is what the poll will be about.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday at midnight will have a section of Raven’s Hold until the entire story is up. This is a paranormal thriller and has not been edited. It’s going to be a ‘blog only’ treat since I don’t want to publish it, but I still want to do something with it. This might end up going into November.
That is the October plan, so I’ll shift back to present day.
The munchkin started school this week, which has thrown my schedule a little off. Not in a good or bad way. He gets picked up from school later in the morning, which gives me time to bike and shower before he wakes up. I just need to get the wife out of the room and handle the email/twitter stuff. Still I have an hour for the computer and then an hour for the exercise/shower. It means I get to the writing earlier, which is good because I seem to get exhausted a lot quicker these days.
Also, the new project requires researching as I go. Google Maps is becoming very useful as I have my ‘heroes’ travel across the Shattered States. Though I had the 4th wall breaker point out that the details will become fewer once they get off Long Island. Overall, this is becoming an interesting and fun story to write. It can be goofy, serious, tense, and I’m simply having a blast. Having a world that is broken seems to make me want to make characters who are equally broken. Crazy scenarios seem to work such as getting stopped on the Interstate by a pair of rhinos that were broken out of the zoo. The serial killer character is allowing me to slip pop culture stuff in there too. Having a blast making references without saying the actual subject. Depending on what happens with The Merchant of Nevra Coil, I might put up a teaser for this book on Tuesday. Probably just the beginning.
ONE WARNING ABOUT ‘CROSSING BEDLAM‘- THERE IS A LOT OF CURSING!
So, what’s the plan?
- Continue writing Crossing Bedlam.
- Hopefully publish The Merchant of Nevra Coil.
- Promote the Legends of Windemere Fantasy Series Bundle #1.
- Biking and shower before kid wakes up.
- Possibly muck around with the superhero stories that got put on the back burner. Oops.
- Daily panic due to sales not recovering from August. Crying only permitted for 5 minutes and while nobody can hear me.
- Stub toe on something. Figure if I plan it then it won’t happen because my plans tend to fail.
- Finish digesting the Sauteed Calamari with Angel Hair Pasta and Spicy Marinara Sauce. Twas nummy.
- Clean up a mess caused by somebody else in the house. Always happens.
- Continue writing Crossing Bedlam.
Anybody actually listen to the videos I put in these things?