The toddler is home Monday and Friday, so I don’t plan on leaping into any big projects or adventures. As it stands, I probably won’t be starting that big editing run until August when Book 5 is out. That is going to be a hellish month because the toddler is off for 3-4 weeks and I’ll be having to juggle ‘Debut Month’ duties. One of the big reasons I think I’ll forgo a blog tour. I simply won’t have the time to keep up with thank you posts and WordPress in general. I’ll be depending a lot on Hootsuite, late nights, and struggling to maintain my own blog. At least most of the time. I’m hoping to get a few days of computer time then.
I got all the characters and places set up for the Elysium Saga, which means I can finish the plot write ups this week. I had a breakdown about a character involved there, but was finally talked down from that by a friend who is smarter than I (name starts with that too. :D). Good chance that I’ll get to do a little work on the add-on stories for ‘Realm of the Night’ and ‘Tales of the Slumberlord’. Small issue with that first one is that I don’t know if I can call a series ‘Realm of the Night’ if it involves the rise of day-walking vampires and the civil war between them and the nocturnal versions. Not that the old world vamps are hurt by sunlight, but they lose their strength unless they wear special cloaks that cover their entire bodies. It’s complicated and I’ve had that title for decades. Just something that people might nitpick me on.
A bittersweet success is that I finished watching ‘Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood’ . . . I’m going through withdrawal as you can see from the attached videos. I also ordered the 8 volumes that I’m missing from the manga and have told the wife that we’re watching the series together. I’m having a lot of trouble letting go here. *tasers whoever starts singing that ‘Frozen’ song* Seriously, it’s an amazing series in both manga and anime form. I dream of designing a world that is so rich with mythology and deep characters where each one has a fan base.
I’m already jotting down blog post themes for August. This has led me to want to do another ‘Ask a Character’ week, which tends to be as successful as cannibalism on a first date. Still, this gives people a chance to interact with my characters and grants me a relatively easy week of posts. This would be the first week when I’m focused a lot on the book debut, but I would like it to be successful. So I picked the following characters to use for this, but would love some opinions:
- Delvin Cunningham
- Baron Arthuru Kernaghan
- ‘Bob’ (real name will be public by then)
- General Vile
- Kira Grasdon (she returns in Book 5)
- Nyder Fortune & Yola Biggs (Joint interview)
Anyway, I might continue my rarity for another week or two due to events. I try my best through my phone, but that autocorrect and limited data plan throws me off. Well, that and if I’m not on the computer it means I’m escorting little Mr. Elsa around town. Kid doesn’t understand the concept of staying out of the sun. Here are the goals!
- Read ‘Toriko’ until ‘Fullmetal Alchemist 20-27’ arrives from Amazon. In a manga mood.
- Finish the plot outlines for ‘Elysium Saga’.
- Get the veggie platter and fruit salad for July 4th gathering.
- Do not eat favorite parts of veggie platter and fruit salad before July 4th gathering.
- Start planning toddler’s birthday celebration. Battle of the guest list begins!
- Figure out how to entertain toddler on Monday when I know I’ll be exhausted from the weekend. He wants to go to the mall for some reason.
- Start set up for add on books to other series.
- Continue marketing and hope July is better than June.
- See if I can remember the new book title for the Legends of Windemere finale. ‘Age of Heroes’ didn’t fly too well. Book 11 had a little issue too with ‘Heart of Fire, Heart of Steel’. Hard to get opinions there without spoiling the story.
- Keep watching World Cup.
I’ll be gone for most of the day. By now, I’ve already been at the petting zoo with the toddler for 30-40 minutes. Hope everyone has a fun day.